Authentic Mekong sampan is designed according to the traditonal sampans which have navigated on the Mekong flows. Long of 21.5 m and wide of 4 m , made of ‘’Sao’’ wood, a variety of oak, very resistant to water, well appreciated by people who spend all their life working and living on water.
For a pleasant and long cruise in comfortable conditions, the sampan is equiped with a well ventilated compartment which could be used as a diner room as well as bedroom with couchettes available for group of 2 to 30 persons maximum; besides one kitchen, three restrooms with showers, one terrace on the deck, a five- person- crew included the captain, one mechanic, the chief cook, one sailor and one guide, are at your service .
Passengers on Authentic Mekong will be amazed and integrated in their discovery of landscapes, of local daily life, of smiling and open hearted people of the Delta and of aquatic life anywhere they go with the sampan.
Click itinerary day to expand
• Embark Authentic Mekong sampan and welcome drink around 11h30 am.
• We take a morning junk trip to Dong Hoa Hiep Island to explore evergreen islands and visit the former Imperial residence the traditional House, where surviving members of the Kiet family will welcome us with tea, and we can wander in the fruit orchards around the house.
• Then, go ashore to visit the local coconut candy and rice paper manufacturers.
• Authentic Mekong sampan boat sets sails torward Sadec while luch is served.
• We embark on Caithia for a pleasure wark /bike on the footpaths of the countryside to discover tropical fruit orchards and local people’s daily activities in Mythuan island.
• Authentic Mekong sampan moors midstream for the night in Sadec.
• Diner and overnight on boat.
• Rising up early for another nice day. We contemplate sunrise while having breakfast on boat.
• Then, we take small boat to visit bricks and tiles kilns and the manufacture of earthenware pots on a bank of river.
• Continue to the heart of Sade town to visit the Sadec local market, following the tracks of French novelist Marguerite Duras.
• Walks/Cycle amongst the ever blossoming Sadec flower village and local industries.
• Back to boat and enjoy welcome back drink while lunch is served.
• Authentic Mekong sampan set sails through the canals of Lapvo with a magnificent landscape that come along the river banks: rural walks, farming, nursering farm, fishing, boating, smiling school children all in full swing.
• Enjoy traditional herbal foot massage on boat.
• Diner while Authentic Mekong sampan cruises towards Longxuyen
• Breakfast on board.
• Explore the long Xuyen market, one of the most bustling floating markets in Mekong Delta with hundreds of small boats barging and jostling for space as owners attempt to sell their goods.
• Visit the OngHo island – a small island by the Mekong river enjoy the scenery and walk /cycle to visit villages the island, passing by farmers, children, villagers tendering their daily load. See local farmers trading their produce on the water as they have done for centuries. You will have a unique opportunity to discover a side of Delta life that few travellers experience.
• Back to board and have welcome back drink. Check out and disembark for your departure.
|Group size||2-3 pax||4-7 pax||8-10 pax||11-30 pax|
|Price per Person||429||369||339||289|