Authentic Mekong sampan is designed according to the traditonal sampans which have navigated on the Mekong flows. Long of 21.5 m and wide of 4 m , made of ‘’Sao’’ wood, a variety of oak, very resistant to water, well appreciated by people who spend all their life working and living on water.
For a pleasant and long cruise in comfortable conditions, the sampan is equiped with a well ventilated compartment which could be used as a diner room as well as bedroom with couchettes available for group of 2 to 30 persons maximum; besides one kitchen, three restrooms with showers, one terrace on the deck, a five- person- crew included the captain, one mechanic, the chief cook, one sailor and one guide, are at your service .
Passengers on Authentic Mekong will be amazed and integrated in their discovery of landscapes, of local daily life, of smiling and open hearted people of the Delta and of aquatic life anywhere they go with the sampan.
Click itinerary day to expand
• 10:30—11:00 reach the banks of the Mekong Delta in Cai Be.
• You embark on Le Cochinchine with a welcome drink.
• 11:15 Desembark for a pleasure bike on the footpaths of the countryside to discover tropical fruit orchards
• Return on boat
• Le Cochinchine set sails toward Sadec, a nice and quiet town overlooking Mekong river while lunch is served on boat.
• In Sa Dec surroundings, visit the brick factories and observe the handicraft manufacturing of bricks and tiles made out of clay from rice plantations.
• In Sa Dec town, see the Cao Dai Temple, the local market and the ancient house Huynh Thuy Le.
• Embark on a lovely walking excursion on the blossoming flower bonsai garden.
• Back on board, Le Cochinchine sails down Mekong River toward Mythuan.
• Sit back and relax on the upper deck. As the sun sets, experience a traditional herbal foot massage before enjoying an exotic pre-dinner drink.
• Dinner and night on board.
• Rising up early for another nice day we contemplate sunrise while having breakfast on board.
• Our boat set sails again and cruises along the Mekong while taking in orchards and gardens torward Cai Be.
• Explore Cai Be floating market on a local boat then visit local coconut and rice sweet factories,
• Embark on a pleasant walk in Dong Hoa Hiep village on the footpaths of the countryside to discover the ancient house, tropical fruit orchards and local people’s daily activities. Sample local sweets and fruits during the trip.
• Get off in Cai Be harbour around 11.00 AM. The cruise concludes.
|Group size||2-3 pax||4-7 pax||8-10 pax||11-30 pax|
|Price per Person||270||199||179||169|